Historic White Ash, American Oak, Osage, & Ebony on a Liberty Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from civilwartalk

civilwartalk

I've never tried to do segmenting quite like this, and this is my first try putting together a Laserlinez kit. I actually tuned 13 pens this week, and of course this was #13... Not the best omen...

1622308479596.png

The blank starts in the center with a section of Osage Orange, flanked on either side by White Ash collected from the General JEB Stuart Mercersberg Raid Witness Tree. Above and below the center section I put Ebony, and then finished the ends with endgrain cut White Oak collected from JEB Stuart's Bithplace, in Laurel Hill, Virginia.

1622308633271.png

Of course, just as I was thinking that I should put a dab of CA on the blank for a little reinforcement "after I take one last cut", well as I'm sure you can predict, that's when "it" happened! One of the Oak end caps exploded on me midway through turning, and got sucked right into my dust collection system...

I'm glad I cut a few extra pieces of oak, it was easy to put a new one on and finish the blank.

1622308699307.png

Kit is a Lazerlinez Liberty Kit. My first time with this kit, I think I like this! I wish they still made it!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work !!! .... Thanks for showing !!! . . Your segmenting is VERY WELL DONE !!!

Coincidentally, I made my first Lazerlinez Liberty this past week also !!!

I won't be showing a pic of it as it is nothing special, and I am not particularly enraptured by the kit.
However, I do like the concept of a 100% stainless steel pen kit.
I am left wondering about the apparent demise of the Lazerlinez venture into such pen kits.

civilwartalk

I am getting my new Neje Laser working today (I hope!)

After I get some practice burns done, I'm thinking of adding a small version of Stuarts signature to the side opposite the shirt clip, it's one of the Ash sides....

Top Bottom