HI :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

parnelli_97

I'd like to say Hi, and introduce myself. I'm an EMT for a large metro ATL county, I'm going to paramedic school followed by Nursing school. I'm married with a baby on the way, and I'm just getting into pen turning. I love it so far, but I have a few questions I can't seem to find an answer to.

1. Where do you buy most of your supplies?
... I've purchased most of my kits at Rockler, while they are nice they seem a little expensive compared to any online store I've found, but I don't know what places to trust and what ones to avoid.

2. I'm in the medical field and I know I saw different clips for pens online before I got into this hobby. But now I can't find them. Where can I find custom clips, and preferably in finishes other than gold. Silver, titanium or chrome would be best. (supervisors wear gold, street medics wear silver)

3. At work we use stylus pens on our touch screen laptops for reports. I've found 3pk stylus refills for standard cross pens, but can you buy them in larger bulk than that? I'd like to buy them 10 at a time minimum.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and thank you all for your great posts that got me into this hobby without too many hiccups.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

Greetings to you Ben, and Welcome to the Forum from another Georgia member out in Tucker, GA.

(1) Many members here in the Forum buy online and from within the Forum

(2) Specialized clips are available from online vendors .... Do a "search" using the Forum SEARCH URL (also on the blue line above the main body of each page): http://www.penturners.org/forum/search.php Try searching the term "Clips", "Vendors" etc.

(3) Maybe one of the IAP members has experience with this question ...

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Ben.

Hut at http://www.hutproducts.com/departments.asp?dept=36 has the different pen clips, but I didn't see the medical ones there. I am sure I saw some in the past.

Also, As a welcome I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome Ben. My only advice is to ask/search within this forum for what ever you need. These people understand your needs and are always willing to go the extra mile for you.

Bill Daniels

Parnelli 97

I'd like to say Hi, and introduce myself. I'm an EMT for a large metro ATL county, I'm going to paramedic school followed by Nursing school. I'm married with a baby on the way, and I'm just getting into pen turning. I love it so far, but I have a few questions I can't seem to find an answer to.

1. Where do you buy most of your supplies?
... I've purchased most of my kits at Rockler, while they are nice they seem a little expensive compared to any online store I've found, but I don't know what places to trust and what ones to avoid.

2. I'm in the medical field and I know I saw different clips for pens online before I got into this hobby. But now I can't find them. Where can I find custom clips, and preferably in finishes other than gold. Silver, titanium or chrome would be best. (supervisors wear gold, street medics wear silver)

3. At work we use stylus pens on our touch screen laptops for reports. I've found 3pk stylus refills for standard cross pens, but can you buy them in larger bulk than that? I'd like to buy them 10 at a time minimum.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and thank you all for your great posts that got me into this hobby without too many hiccups.

Order a catalog at www.woodcraft.com and then check their store locations, one may be near you and all the supplies are on display.,
Bill Daniels in sunny Florida

broitblat

Top Bottom