Hi from Wisconsin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have just joined the IAP and want to say hello. I am retired from being a blacksmith/welder/machinist for 52 years. The shop I ran was in a rural area and work performed was from ornamental iron to farm equipment repair. I also had a small sawmill operation in the 70's.
Early in my career I met a man who became a mentor-Harry Nohr from Mineral Point. He was retired and turned bowls. He needed help chainsawing and preparing his blanks. It was in his shop where I learned to turn. After he died I inherited a lot of his wood and brought it here to Postville. After I retired I began to salvage what had survived 45 years of storage. I bought a lathe and began to turn. 5 years later I still make shavings and am trying hollow forms, boxes, pendants and pens.
Bob Bergman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DGN1952

I have just joined the IAP and want to say hello. I am retired from being a blacksmith/welder/machinist for 52 years. The shop I ran was in a rural area and work performed was from ornamental iron to farm equipment repair. I also had a small sawmill operation in the 70's.
Early in my career I met a man who became a mentor-Harry Nohr from Mineral Point. He was retired and turned bowls. He needed help chainsawing and preparing his blanks. It was in his shop where I learned to turn. After he died I inherited a lot of his wood and brought it here to Postville. After I retired I began to salvage what had survived 45 years of storage. I bought a lathe and began to turn. 5 years later I still make shavings and am trying hollow forms, boxes, pendants and pens.
Bob Bergman
Welcome from TEXAS

DGN1952

Bob Bergman
Welcome from TEXAS. oops wrong reply button.

Top Bottom