Hi from Wales

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Valleyboy

Hello from Wales. I've been wood turning for some time but last week I made my first ever pen, (a pencil in fact). It came out well enough and now all my family want one so I realised I needed to raise my game and learn from the experts. I've only been on here a couple of hours and already been blown away by the information and ideas being shared. Some really cool stuff!

VB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDEdwards

Hello from Wales. I've been wood turning for some time but last week I made my first ever pen, (a pencil in fact). It came out well enough and now all my family want one so I realised I needed to raise my game and learn from the experts. I've only been on here a couple of hours and already been blown away by the information and ideas being shared. Some really cool stuff!

VB
Hey cousin, welcome to this great site. My father's ancestor and name sake, was a minister and stone mason in Wales. The famous old bridge at Pontypridd, north of Cardiff, was built by William Edwards. Both my Dad(deceased) and my son are civil engineers. My grandfather was from Swansea, where he became a merchant mariner and ended up in America. My pen turning got started as a way to say thank you to wounded soldiers for protecting us, during the Iraq and Afghanistan conflict ( I was a flight medic) . I started using purple heart wood and eventually used campaign ribbons on rifle casings (308 cal). The scope of what you can do to make such a personal gift is fun. The instruction notes on this site have been great for reducing frustration in the learning curve. mar sin leat

Valleyboy

Hey cousin, welcome to this great site. My father's ancestor and name sake, was a minister and stone mason in Wales. The famous old bridge at Pontypridd, north of Cardiff, was built by William Edwards. Both my Dad(deceased) and my son are civil engineers. My grandfather was from Swansea, where he became a merchant mariner and ended up in America. My pen turning got started as a way to say thank you to wounded soldiers for protecting us, during the Iraq and Afghanistan conflict ( I was a flight medic) . I started using purple heart wood and eventually used campaign ribbons on rifle casings (308 cal). The scope of what you can do to make such a personal gift is fun. The instruction notes on this site have been great for reducing frustration in the learning curve. mar sin leat
Thanks for the kind welcome, and I am actually from Pontypridd 😊. I'm impressed with your knowledge, and the Old Bridge is a landmark I know very well, I've walked across it many times! (It was once the longest single span bridge in the world). I also know a lot of Edwards', one being a very good friend of mine.
I agree this site is very good and I've already learnt a load of good stuff from it. Now I need to translate into practice.

Top Bottom