Hi from Stafford, VA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mugwumps

Local Chapter Leader
:befuddled:Hi from Stafford VA. I kind of got co-erced into joining this by my hubbiee because I thought that casting would be fun and allow my creative side to flourish....besides, our garage is full of his pen turning equip. and I want to see more production LOL So, any suggestions when working with PR would be appreciated greatly!
Thanks.
~Mags

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seawolf

Welcome from Tulsa, Ok.
Check out the forums there is a lot of info there. You tube has some videos also. Ask for more help as needed all of the group will help as much as they can.
Hope this helps, Mark

Druid

OK,
I'm a little biased here (can't understand why :wink:) but wanted to to extend a BIG warm welcome with BIG hugs to Maggie who not only supports my expensive hobby (& sometimes a hubby's grumpy behavior:mad:) but has taken a keen interest in casting and (as some of you have experienced with our little get togthers at the house) is an increadible Louisiana chef. She will be the one preparing the spread for the Nawlin's Burl Blow-Out at the end of this month and hopefully will have some "give-aways" from the fruits of her labor thanks to the mentoring of our own IAP Casting PRO PR Princess.

Welcome to the fun Maggie, IAP is overflowing with talented folks who are eager to share their experience and encourage inovation.

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
welcome Mags. Enjoy this place, it is fun!

Below is a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not a detail of each part, but a good overview for pen turning. Hope it helps.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

GouletPens

Ladies are ALWAYS welcome here! You are in good company with a lot of us from NoVA and Richmond....you came to the right place to learn about pens and casting!

jimofsanston

Now we can here what Jim is really like:tongue:. Welcome aboard. I had talked my wife in comeing up there for the group cutting but she reallixed that she had promised my niece that she would baby sit that weekend. I would like to get here interested in the hobby also. Got my son hooked still working on her.

GouletPens

Now we can here what Jim is really like:tongue:. Welcome aboard. I had talked my wife in comeing up there for the group cutting but she reallixed that she had promised my niece that she would baby sit that weekend. I would like to get here interested in the hobby also. Got my son hooked still working on her.
Many will try but few will succeed. I got Rachel into turning for a couple of days....but she didn't like turning wood....then acrylic. Eventually it came to be that she only really want to sand acrylics. Helpful yes, but not quite the addiction I'd hope she'd get from it. She supports me 100% though so I can't complain at all. She contributes by doing all of my web design, which is impressive as you can see.

GouletPens

Mags, I don't know if you'll be home tomorrow during the day, but I'm actually going to be coming to your place tomorrow to meet Jim. I'm not far away, probably 45 minutes or so down 95 (exit 89). I have some casting experience so I can give you some advice if you'd like.

Druid

:eek::eek::eek: I just realized my purchases here can now be audited by the CFO of the household by viewing threads!!! That might put a dent in my discretionary spending :befuddled: LOL.

mugwumps

Local Chapter Leader
Gee, I would love to meet you but I'll be at work when you get here. You are welcome anytime you want to come and fight the 95 traffic LOL.. Anyway, make yourself at home and feel free to raid the fridge (even though there's not much there at the moment" I'd like to meet Rachael to sometime as well.

mugwumps

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome, Maggie! It's great to have you aboard! Do you still hear from Zal or Denny?

No I don't. Jim has high expectations here...I hope that I can deliver:befuddled: But colors are my game as well as weird looks, so maybe that will be my survival or my demise. We'll see:neutral:.

mugwumps

Local Chapter Leader
Wow!

Wow! Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes....... from Scotland (my grandfather's heiland hame) to Japan, and Australia and everywhere in between. I never knew that you all were so enthusiastic about this! I hope that my red-haired temperment can be patient enough to make this rock............looking forward to working at playing on my days off.

mugwumps

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks

Welcome from Tulsa, Ok.
Check out the forums there is a lot of info there. You tube has some videos also. Ask for more help as needed all of the group will help as much as they can.
Hope this helps, Mark
I will check them out ..thanks for the info.:)

USAFVET98

Welcome from N.E. PA If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I should warn you now, the people on this site are very enthusiastic and will jump at the chance to help someone in need any chance they get!:tongue:

Wow! Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes....... from Scotland (my grandfather's heiland hame) to Japan, and Australia and everywhere in between. I never knew that you all were so enthusiastic about this! I hope that my red-haired temperment can be patient enough to make this rock............looking forward to working at playing on my days off.

Top Bottom