Hi from South Africa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hodsdonr

Hi Thanks for the add.
We, my wife and I , are woodturners (Bowls etc) who turn pens as a minor but important part of woodturning. Our pen turning is currently all done in indigenous South African timbers which we find and source locally. We currently use some 45 different species all of which is sourced within 20km of home mostly from prunings of the municipality and local tree surgeons. All the wood we don't take is used as firewood or landfill. Our local trees are what you consider exotics, such as Tamboti, Wild Olive, Red Ivory , Leadwood etc . Living in Richards Bay on the east coast of KwaZuluNatal we are at the changover point of 3-4 major biomes and get trees from Coastal Forests, Sand Forest, Savannah Bushveld etc. There are some 600 tree species that grow here that are a match for and cabinet grade timber world wide. We are lucky.

Richard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Richard, a warm welcome from an old Soutie.
Richards Bay brings back many memories for me. I spent many months doing my first big jobs at Richards Bay Minerals and Alusaf etc. I'm sure it has really changed a lot since then though.

Again , welcome😉

Hodsdonr

Hi Richard, a warm welcome from an old Soutie.
Richards Bay brings back many memories for me. I spent many months doing my first big jobs at Richards Bay Minerals and Alusaf etc. I'm sure it has really changed a lot since then though.

Again , welcome😉
Hi Skiprat which Alusaf were you on. I came to Richards Bay in '94 as part of the Hillside team. The town center has grown up a lot and is pretty full af buildings. The hippos and crocs still abound in the canal alongside John Ross. Richard

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Richard
My company just supplied and installed the HV electrical equipment. If I remember correctly, it was next to that huge building on the coast side of the N2...Good old days. Would've been mid 80's I think.
I don't miss the mozzies though....😀

Hodsdonr

Hi Richard
My company just supplied and installed the HV electrical equipment. If I remember correctly, it was next to that huge building on the coast side of the N2...Good old days. Would've been mid 80's I think.
I don't miss the mozzies though....😀
That would be Bayside Smelter

Top Bottom