Hi from NE Tennessee!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LendaD

Hello everyone! My name is Lenda, I'm married, 2 kids, 1 Grandson, 2 dogs, a parakeet and of course, chickens to lay eggs for us all.
I play with polymer clay and yes, I make flower canes plus other things I might find amusing and have to try to make it. I used to play with Italian glass and a torch but now it's polymer and maybe a pen or ten. I've seen beautiful work and I think I've got a general idea of how it's done through some videos. I haven't ordered any pen kits yet, I just decided to try it like, a couple of days ago.The wooden and patterned pens I see you all make are gorgeous. I'm not a penturner in the traditional way yet but one never knows. It's nice to meet you all!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC! You can make some pretty pens from poly clay, but I suppose you've already seen some of them. Hope to see some of yours soon.

derekdd

Welcome aboard, Lenda and greetings from Northern Wisconsin.

My brother-in-law is a graduate of ETSU and teaches for the part-time online. My missus is from Tullahoma.

JC is a beautiful part of the country.

LendaD

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone! I thought I would've ordered pen kits already to show a pen or 2 by now but life got in the way, I hate when that happens. James I have already marveled around and have seen beautiful work with explanations and questions answered. A wealth of knowledge! Derek, small world. I'm about 1/4 mile from ETSU, lol. It is nice here although it's getting more crowded with a lot of traffic.

Tony

Lenda, Welcome from South Texas! I've seen some really cool blanks from polymer clay, I'm sure you'll find all types of interesting nuggets here!

Velcrodog

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone! I thought I would've ordered pen kits already to show a pen or 2 by now but life got in the way, I hate when that happens. James I have already marveled around and have seen beautiful work with explanations and questions answered. A wealth of knowledge! Derek, small world. I'm about 1/4 mile from ETSU, lol. It is nice here although it's getting more crowded with a lot of traffic.
While going to ETSU I lived on Pine Street. Could walk to school. Shamrock was about 2 blocks behind me on the corner of Walnut.

Doughboy

No need to consult a map because many years ago when I joined this group I was domiciled in South Dakota and now I live in Middle Tennessee...I did change it to my current residence...

Last edited:

mgdesigns

Hello everyone! My name is Lenda, I'm married, 2 kids, 1 Grandson, 2 dogs, a parakeet and of course, chickens to lay eggs for us all.
I play with polymer clay and yes, I make flower canes plus other things I might find amusing and have to try to make it. I used to play with Italian glass and a torch but now it's polymer and maybe a pen or ten. I've seen beautiful work and I think I've got a general idea of how it's done through some videos. I haven't ordered any pen kits yet, I just decided to try it like, a couple of days ago.The wooden and patterned pens I see you all make are gorgeous. I'm not a penturner in the traditional way yet but one never knows. It's nice to meet you all!
Lenda, Coming up very soon (June 10-11) in Franklin TN is a Music City Pen Turners Gathering at the Marriott Hotel. Lots of vendors and demonstrators, and swaps, and give-aways. I have to work otherwise I'd be there. Here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/194555282761577/

Top Bottom