Hi from Moose Jaw, SK., Canada

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kokopelli2010

Hi Everyone! I am very very new to pen-turning and have not even turned a single one yet. I am waiting for the arrival of a #1 standard morse taper for my head stock so as to mount a #1 mandrel to my King 37in lathe. I do all types of interior renovations and received the lathe as part payment for work I had done for a widowed elderly lady. This year I have the good fortune to be the president of our local woodcrafters guild and as such met up with a penturner in our area who awed me with his simple setup and beautiful products. To say the least I am enthralled by the prospect of creating my own pens, pencils, etc etc. I have much to learn and hope to be able to learn from you fine folks as well!:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

I stop at Tim's by the moose every time I visit family in Lafleche. Welcome to the wonderful world of turning!

I'm pretty sure my dad was a member of your guild for a while, but I think the distance was a bit much - he did enjoy it though. Really liked the social part of it.

Last edited:

ctubbs

Quick! Before you become totally addicted, pack all the turning stuff into a big box and send it to your worst enemy! This is an addiction of the worst kind. You will be selling your first born for wood, kits and special tools!:):biggrin:

Just kidding. It is not quiet that bad, but the addiction is there. Once you start, it is hard to stop. Welcome to the single best pen turning site on the web, bar none! The library had a wealth of info and what is not there is available right here with the simple posting of your question.
Charles

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I used to stop in at the mineral spa on my way through to the skiing grounds of Alberta and BC...neat Al Capone connection in Moose Jaw too!

Welcome to the forum. I'll be cheering for Sask next weekend in the cup (tough to do, being a Bombers fan, though)

Top Bottom