Hi from Lancaster UK

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Works-in-Wood

Hi all

I'm afraid I must come clean straight away and say that I'm not a Pen turner (...not yet anyway) but I am a fulltime Turner and Woodworker, I'm hoping to perhaps sell some blanks to you in English Hardwoods - show you all that we've got some great stuff available from over here. But that will of course be in classifieds.

Chris.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Chris,

Good forum here. We are always looking for wood and other material to make pens with.

In case you decide to start turning pens - Below is a link to a PDF file that is a general overview of different possibilities, pens, finishes, tools etc. You probably are familiar with all of this already, but since this is in the introductions, I don't want to leave anyone out. This was just completed and still has some minor mistakes that will hopefully corrected in the near future.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

TurnedAround

Welcome Chris,

If you have specific verified genus and species, I would look forward to purchasing some blanks as well as some IWCS 1/2 X 3 X 6" specimen from you. The country has some very interesting tree and even large vine species. A chap in Florida at the annual Woodfest this week had a 20'long 4" diameter piece of grape, Vitus spp Feel free to PM me and we can swap war stories from the trenches of our shops. Again, welcome, we are friendly to all "woodies" Type atcha later.

Ed

bad

Welcome Chris. Looking forward to seeing what you have to offer. By the way there is also a forum here at the IAP called "other things we make". Maybe you could post some of your other work there.

Last edited:

Works-in-Wood

Well guys, thanks for all the welcomes........it's a really friendly place. I've already bumped into someone who's on a UK forum that I'm on and someone else that I literally bumped into a year or two ago wielding a chainsaw in his Tree surgeon job and scrounged some wood off.......what a small world !

Chris.

drayman

chris, let me say that iap makes the whole wide world even smaller. this is our second home:wink:

Top Bottom