Hi from Dayton, Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwrecker

Been reading here for about a month. Have learned a bunch and can only hope someday to reach the level of accomplishment I have seen displayed here!

Been into woodworking for quite some time now, but have never had a lathe.

I have been patiently awaiting the arrival of a new Delta 46-460 since ordering it at the Columbus WW show last week. Don't know how much longer my patience will last. :biggrin:

Been picking up some accessories here and there. I have definitely started down the slippery slope!

I'm an early out (WAY early) medically retired airline pilot. This should add to the list of things to keep me busy. :biggrin: (Along with chasing a 5 year old daughter around).

Randy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WhiteHare

Welcome

Welcome to the site. There is much to learn and these guys have a lot of helpful hints. I do more reading than I do posting cause I'm relatively new to turning myself. I have gleaned a lot of useful information in the time I've spent on this site.
If you haven't already done so, check out the library and the tutorials there.

Again welcome, I live north of Dayton myself. Troy, to be exact. Look forward to seeing your posts.
Richard

bitshird

Welcome to the Insanity-About-Pens, actually this is a great bunch of people from all experience levels. You will love your 46-460, we have one at our wood turning club, it will be worth the wait, Please don't worry about asking any questions, around here there are no dumb questions, sometimes there are dumb answers, Greetings from Leapwood 10uhsea.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome Randy, from Columbus. I also ordered a 46-460 at the show and received in the mail today a notice to call and schedule delivery! :bananen_smilies051:
I look forward to seeing you at a future Ohio IAP meeting.
Mike

Been reading here for about a month. Have learned a bunch and can only hope someday to reach the level of accomplishment I have seen displayed here!

Been into woodworking for quite some time now, but have never had a lathe.

I have been patiently awaiting the arrival of a new Delta 46-460 since ordering it at the Columbus WW show last week. Don't know how much longer my patience will last. :biggrin:

Been picking up some accessories here and there. I have definitely started down the slippery slope!

I'm an early out (WAY early) medically retired airline pilot. This should add to the list of things to keep me busy. :biggrin: (Along with chasing a 5 year old daughter around).

Randy

woodwrecker

Howdy! This is a fun place - lots to learn and share. Did you get to turn a pen at the show?

No, I didn't. The waiting list was about 4 hours long when I checked it out. I did get to speak with a gentleman by the name of Mike I believe that was working Craft Supplies booth. Picked up alot of good info from him.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Randy, Glad to have you here. Join in the fun of this great work/hobby!

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/Acronyms.pdf

Paul in OKC

Welcome from Oklahoma City. It looks like I need to get up there to visit my brother and meet some of you guys while I am there! (He lives in the Springfield area)

Top Bottom