Hey from Kentucky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan26

Hello everyone. I've been nosing around the site for a few weeks and finally joined last week. A lot of folks with great ideas and tips here and I have already learned a few things. I've only been turning for a few months. A guy at work got me interested. Like some of you, I started with the basics 7mm Slimlines. Although they are easy and a great place to start, I want to do more. After months of practice (about 25 pens), here's the first one that I'm happy with. Although it's still a pen with cheap parts (Power Pen Kit from PSI), I used Kenn Osborne's technique for a segmented pen with bloodwood, oak, walnut, and persimmons. It's finished with six coats of CA and MM up to 12000. I'll have to practice taking pictures so the colors come out better. Comments and criticism welcome.

Thanks.

Dan

Attachments

• PICT1109 - small.jpg
    PICT1109 - small.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Welcome to the site. You did a good job with that pen. Looks like it was made by a pro!

Dan26

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Bruce, I read all the posts from the link you posted and found a wealth of info. I will definitely take some time to consider what I attemp next. Until I feel I really have a grasp on making pens, I will probably continue to buy what I can afford. I hope to move up to some "classier" style of pens before Christmas. I think these will make great gifts. I just need to figure out what to do with all my test subjects.

Dan

Dan26

Hey Jim. I see you are from Fairfield. I have a couple of sisters that live in your neck of the woods.

Gary, not sure what where Adair county is but we plan to do some sight seeing this fall and if we go near Adair county, I'll definitely look you up.

Brian, I'm in Independence, just a 20 minute drive south of Cincinnati.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Wow, Dan! Segmented and everything. Nice job.

Welcome. And I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Top Bottom