Help needed - Vase liner

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from EricRN

EricRN

Hi all,

I'm thinking about turning a vase. Something very slender and the sort of teardrop shape that would only hold a single flower. Any thoughts on how to make the interior waterproof? I was thinking that I'd buy some plastic test tubes and glue one of those in there as a waterproof liner, but I think that could be potentially pretty ugly if it's not recessed sufficiently deep. Any other ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

I used to make/sell wood vases with glass inserts that had a flared top. I did not glue the inserts into the wood turning, but made it a snug fit with a small counter bore so the glass would not be visible. CSUSA sells a variety of inserts.

carlmorrell

I used test tubes. Made several "bud vases". Frosted with sandblaster.
20210225_131332[1].jpg

Kcimdrib

Hi all,

I'm thinking about turning a vase. Something very slender and the sort of teardrop shape that would only hold a single flower. Any thoughts on how to make the interior waterproof? I was thinking that I'd buy some plastic test tubes and glue one of those in there as a waterproof liner, but I think that could be potentially pretty ugly if it's not recessed sufficiently deep. Any other ideas?
I have used both plastic and glass the advantage of the plastic you can cut them and turn so they fit into the Vase and are undectable. Polyurethane varnish can be also be used poured in and rolled around use several coates. But inserts are easier.
Otherwise its artificial flower's.
Good luck with it which ever way you go.

Top Bottom