Hello, hola, guten tag, tja, Ciào, bonjour, nǐ hǎo, witaj from Chicago

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ROOKIETURNER

Seems to be an eclectic group. I like that a lot. Well, I was turned on, pun intended) to turning by member (CHICAGOHAND). He kept bringing pens to church and never would give me one, so I decided to have him show me how it was done. We went over to his house a few weeks back and I turned my first pen. We went back a week later and turned our second pen, and by the fourth week I couldn't wait 7 more days to make another pen, so I went to Woodcraft and purchased my first Lathe (Jet1014). I have turned a few pens in various woods and just completed my first acrylic. I am looking forward to the many years of turning ahead.

Special thanks to Dave and Johnnycnc, you have been a great help!

Rob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

Welcome and congrats on the new lathe! I don't think you can go wrong with that Jet.
CSue or Hank Lee should be along with a post of some good links to check out momentarily :) ... lots of good information and people here!

Look forward to seeing some photos of your work as you go along.

Lenny

With appologies to CSue and Hank Lee, I just can't wait any longer so ...

(usually posted by one of the above) ....

Here are links to some threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf[/quote]

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Lenny, And welcome, Rob. I'm glad you already have some local support. Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Welcome from East Tennessee... expect to see you at the Midwest Penturners Gathering in Champaign/Urbana on April 17th... bring your pens to show off, any blanks you want to trade, there'll be jalapeno poppers, blanks for door prizes, lots of fellow turners there to meet and greet... a great time will be had by all..

ROOKIETURNER

Welcome from East Tennessee... expect to see you at the Midwest Penturners Gathering in Champaign/Urbana on April 17th... bring your pens to show off, any blanks you want to trade, there'll be jalapeno poppers, blanks for door prizes, lots of fellow turners there to meet and greet... a great time will be had by all..

Did't know about it, but I will make plans now to be there! Are there any posts with more info?

Top Bottom