Hello from Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

UPW

Good morning!

I have been turning pens for just over a year and my main interest is in segmenting. I am blown away by the creativity and mad skills that people in this hobby have, and look forward to elevating my craft by leaps and bounds over the next few years.

Attached in a photo of my latest completed pen.

#02007 - Virage - Rainbow - Segmented.jpg

Cheers,

Doug

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Beautiful and colorful pen Doug! Well done. You have been doing this for a while for sure!

Welcome to IAP. Show us some more!

Is that dyed wood or leather? For some reason the stacks reminds me of leather.

magpens

Hi Doug !! . Welcome to IAP !!

The pen you show is very beautiful ... well done !!!

MDWine

Welcome aboard.

The key here is to participate! Ask questions when you have'm, answer questions when you can, and make friends!

Don't forget pictures! WE LOVE pictures!

UPW

I'm so bad... I never even saw these responses. I need to spend more time here, and less on Facebook!! Thank you for the kind welcomes and the compliments.

The pen pictured is segmented with dyed veneers. I made a 6" long block of rainbow dyed veneers. I have a group of clients who identify with the rainbow, so thought I would make some to use down the road. Each colour (Canadian, eh) has 10 segments. Between the aluminum are 2 Maple veneer segments, so the total pen is made up of 72 segments.

magpens

@UPW

That's a pretty nice Virage pen that you show ... and very colorful ... I really like it ... but it would be a lot of work, I would think !

Top Bottom