Hello From the Emerald Triangle, also known as Humboldt County California

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paula

My name is Paula. I just started turning pens about 6 months ago and it is my new found passion. I have only done slimline pens in acrylic and wood with an easy tool so far as that is how I was taught. So now I need to use the gouges as the easy tool takes a long time lol. Looking forward to seeing every ones creations!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ironwood

Welcome to the forum Paula. I learnt on Slimlines too, many years ago, our choices were pretty slim back then. But I still turn them now occasionally.
Is the easy tool a carbide tool ?

Paula

Welcome to the forum Paula. I learnt on Slimlines too, many years ago, our choices were pretty slim back then. But I still turn them now occasionally.
Is the easy tool a carbide tool ?
Yes they are!! Nice as I don't have to sharpen them. I can turn the blade

jttheclockman

First Welcome to the forum. It seems we are getting quite afew female pen turners joining us lately. not sure if this is a trend in the turning world or not but it is good to see. Hopefully you and the others can bring a different perspective to this hobby. Hope to see lots of your work and we also like to see other things you do besides pen turning so look around and jump right in. Ask any questions answer any questions and above all have fun.

howsitwork

welcome Paula

Goiges come with their own blessings and challenges but the learning is part of the fun

Dieseldoc

Paula , you have a lot of great wood in the Eureka area for casting. I travel northoffen for Salmon and Steelhead fishing and always pick up more wood for my casting.

In the future you might wast to case your own blanks.

J_B

Paula, Ditto all the above from Kentucky. My advice, forget the slimlines and move right on to the cigar pen kits. You'll love them even more. That's what I did...turned two slimlines and then moved on ahhh

Happy turnings
jb

WriteON

Welcome aboard. Aside from price Slim's are a great start. We learn a lot from them. As for chisels...happiness is a sharp skew.

Top Bottom