Hello from Tampa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pkoeck

Hi folks. I've been lurking on here for about 8 months, and I've been turning pens for a relatively short amount of time. I used to do a lot of scroll work about 15-20 years ago, but after moving here from the north and going through a bunch of family situations, I let my skill slide and sold off most of my old equipment. After visiting a woodworking show back in January, the bug bit me and I purchased a mini-lathe and it was all downhill from there. I mostly prefer doing simple woods over acrylics. I've always been most interested in the figures and patterns that wood provides. So far, only attempted some really really simple segmenting, but the main problem is I don't have a bandsaw to work with. Just a lathe, chopsaw and scroll saw. Anyway, I've learned a lot from reading various experts on here and am looking forward to improving my skills in the future. I may post a pen pic or two soon, but my stuff is very simple so far.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Alan Morrison

Welcome, Paul.
You can do a lot with a lathe, chopsaw and scroll saw; make a few jigs and you're on your way.
Alan

howsitwork

Remember it's all about your enjoyment , not necessarily all the equipment ( I plead guilty to that pleasure though )🙇‍♂️

Have fun, stay safe and be happy ( chocolate helps also 😉)

Oh and a warm welcome from the UK

Top Bottom