Hello from sunny South Africa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chrisjan

Hello everybody

I live in Pretoria in South Africa and although I grew up with wood and carpentry, I only recently acquired a lathe and had some time on hands...

So I discovered a starter pen kit and the rest is history... Did a couple in hard African hardwoods just finishing with beeswax. Then got my hands on acrylics and did a couple of those... and then discovered the ca finish!

Now my pen-making moments are marked by bad language, burning fingers, ca in the eyes and the disgrace when after a day or two I see the barrels turning dull and realize that I've sanded through into the wood.

I am searching high and low for some aerosol ca accelerator - not a common product on the South African market I'm afraid...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

HUMmmmmmm, black afirican wood............:coffee:

Oh, sorry, good day sir, I was just day dreaming about harwoods from africa

Welcome to the site,

gimpy

Hello everybody

I live in Pretoria in South Africa and although I grew up with wood and carpentry, I only recently acquired a lathe and had some time on hands...

So I discovered a starter pen kit and the rest is history... Did a couple in hard African hardwoods just finishing with beeswax. Then got my hands on acrylics and did a couple of those... and then discovered the ca finish!

Now my pen-making moments are marked by bad language, burning fingers, ca in the eyes and the disgrace when after a day or two I see the barrels turning dull and realize that I've sanded through into the wood.

I am searching high and low for some aerosol ca accelerator - not a common product on the South African market I'm afraid...

There is a company in Silverton that sell Ca & accelerator

Chrisjan

Thank you everybody - makes me feel right at home... and the CA accelerator problem went away... Mike told me in a pm about the stuff that ladies use when doing nails... so I phoned a friend who has a parlour... she directed me to Planet Nails and guess what - there's one across the street from me... bugger! Was I happy? A supplier literally on my doorstep and good quality too - Thanks Mike, I owe you big for that tip!!!

John Doyle

CA Accellerator

Hello everybody

Try Starbond Email cph@starbond or CPH International, Starbond works great for me. Cheers. John Doyle Australia

Top Bottom