Hello From South Carolina

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brookswife803

Hi there, I am a baby beginner at pen turning but have now turned my first pens and LOVE IT! The wonderful local WoodZone Store offered classes on Pen turning and so of course my fiance and I went and had a blast. We both turned one wood pen and one acrylic pen. I posted photos of my two on the "Show off your Pens" thread so anyone who wants to check them out and critique please feel free to do so. Look forward to getting more involved and testing what I can do. HUGE thanks to WoodZone and their great instructors!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

fiferb

Welcome from Ninety Six, SC! If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Here is a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Here is another link with lots of good reading:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

I look forward to seeing you at WoodZone and hope you can come to the penturning meetings we have once a month.

traderdon55

Welcome to the vortex. Take a picture of your money so you can remember what it looked like. That sucking sound you are you are hearing is your money being pulled into the vortex for more pen kits,blanks,tools.ect.

brookswife803

Sounds very similar to the Vortex I already hear from the horses sucking all my money away. Thankfully a new job and some more hours will allow me to also not sleep since I'll either be working, riding or making pens... who has time for sleep? :)

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Shea. You are off to a great start. Join in the fun and madness of pen making. Lots of great people here from all around the globe with advice on how to spend your money! :biggrin:

Welcome aboard. I also took a pen class and got hooked ;-) Also got a deploma I was so impressed I bought a deep pic. frame with glass mounted the dep. and pens inside and it now hangs on mt wall

Welcome aboard, to both of you. Your going to need 2 poker chips, and a container that you cannot see into. Mark the chips 1 &2 That way you can draw chips to see who gets to use the tools first ;-)

Top Bottom