Hello from San Diego.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shepardscross

I have been turning for about 6 months. I am enjoying seeing all the great pens out there.
I am just teaching myself how to use the CA finish method. Mostly I have used a friction wax finish.
Here are some of the ones that I have done.
The walnut came from a floor where I work when we were replacing it. It is 3/4" and anywhere from 4" to 6" wide. If anyone is interested in trading for some of it.

Attachments

• PICT0001_2.jpg
    PICT0001_2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Walnut Mini Click.jpg
    Walnut Mini Click.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 124
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Sean! Great to see another from So Cal area. Your pens look very nice. The walnut is beautiful, too.

You might want to check out the "Local Chapter" forum for our monthly meeting dates. Dale already has the dates for this year posted. Places will be arranged and posted prior to the meeting dates in the same forum.

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

broitblat

Welcome, Sean.

It looks like you've turned some nice stuff, already.

I hope you're avoiding the heavy rains I've heard are predicted for Southern California.

-Barry

ossaguy

Welcome Sean

I'm also from San Diego,and just starting out.I can't wait until the rain stops ,so I can get back to turning .( I turn outside )

I also want to attend the local chapter meetings,hopefully will see you there.

Those are nice pens! I've only turned wooden pens,So much to learn,but I think that is part of what makes it such a fun and interesting art/hobby.

Take care,
Steve
Rancho Bernardo

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome from Japan Sean! Glad to have you here. Join in the fun and keep making pens. Great looking pens! Thanks for posting the picts!

Lots of good information and inspiration here!

dalemcginnis

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome. Our local chapter is having a meeting on 2/20 in Ontario if you can make it up. Check out the local chapter forum for the details. Also on May 15th we'll be having a big get together at my place in San Bernardino so be sure to put that on your calendar.

Welcome Sean from East Tennessee... Love the San Diego area... great zoo there... I did my navy boot camp and tech schooling in SD waaaaay back in 1960-61.... I have a cousin that did his navy tour in SD and decided to just stay...

Top Bottom