Hello from PA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pagemcutter

Hello folks!
I am new to pen turning (wood crafting in general). About to take my second pen class with my girlfriend. I just got my lathe and am all set up to start doing this on my own and am excited! Am a software developer by trade. And am a 15 year veteran hobbiest in gemstone faceting. Just need to try something new and excited about being able to start/finish a pen in a single session as opposed to faceting where it takes quite some time to do.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skipseke

Hello folks!
I am new to pen turning (wood crafting in general). About to take my second pen class with my girlfriend. I just got my lathe and am all set up to start doing this on my own and am excited! Am a software developer by trade. And am a 15 year veteran hobbiest in gemstone faceting. Just need to try something new and excited about being able to start/finish a pen in a single session as opposed to faceting where it takes quite some time to do.
Hello David welcome what part of Pa I'm from steps south of Pittsburgh
Welcome to the club

pagemcutter

Thanks everyone! I'm from Chester County in SE Pa. I made two pens yesterday! Both facing issues but so glad I did because you don't learn anything if nothing goes wrong ;-)

egnald

Thanks everyone! I'm from Chester County in SE Pa. I made two pens yesterday! Both facing issues but so glad I did because you don't learn anything if nothing goes wrong ;-)
Considering how big the world really is, it sure seems small sometimes. About a year ago I retired from Vishay, headquarters in Malvern, PA. I mused once to the founder, Dr. Felix Zandman, while having dinner at the General Warren Inne that the Vishay Dale plant I worked at was on the north side of Highway 30 also and that one could drive from the plant in Columbus, NE to the plant in Malvern, PA without ever leaving Highway 30. If you have never dined at the General Warren in Malvern, I highly recommend it. - Dave

Top Bottom