Hello from Orlando Florida

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JeffYooper

Hi Pen Turners. As I'm just about to embark on this hobby I'm finding a lot of good advice and tips in the posts. One question I have is can anyone recommend a really quiet dust collection system? I have a wet/dry vac but the thing is so flipping loud I don't think I could work comfortably. TIA Jeff

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Welcome Jeff

ceiling mounted extractors are quieter but you really want a face shield type to stop fine dust . They're reasonably quiet , or the newer ones are in my view .

otherwise use an extractor mounted remotely as distance reduces the sound and baffles around it reduce it still further. Seems to be lots of these advertised in USA but I ve no experience of those ones

sorcerertd

Welcome from NC!

A dust collector, though maybe not "quiet", would be quieter than a shop vac and moves more air. I started out with the small harbor freight one and still mostly use it (because the wife says the 2 HP one is too loud). Eventually, I'll get around to building an enclosure for it. There's plenty more to think about with that before you plunk down money on one, but it is probably the most important thing in your shop (in my opinion), unless you wear a mask, and keep it on until all the dust settles or you step out of the shop.

RonRocheleau

Hi Pen Turners. As I'm just about to embark on this hobby I'm finding a lot of good advice and tips in the posts. One question I have is can anyone recommend a really quiet dust collection system? I have a wet/dry vac but the thing is so flipping loud I don't think I could work comfortably. TIA Jeff
Hi Jeff. I live nearby in Clermont. Let me know if you need help with your turning. I'm not as experienced or talented as some of the turners at IAP but I've been at it for 13 years or so.
Ron

Top Bottom