Hello from Oregon.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monark88

I overlooked Introducing myself earlier. I'm a retired Public School teacher/Small business owner. I've always built something, sometimes for hobby, sometimes as a business.

In my hometown of Hamilton, Ohio, I built Truck campers(1970's). High gas prices put me out of business.

I started in 1964 building custom rods.

Eyesight and a clipped finger lost to a table saw, as I was making jigs for an experimental bi-plane. That put me out of the custom rods hobby and any thoughts of finishing the plane, as well.

2009, I started pens for some unforgotten reason. I should have started pens 20 years earlier. I've had more enjoyment sold more pens, than anything else I've ever made. Also given away more than anything else also.

I just bought an old Dunlap 9x44 with all tools and a 6' extension, that the previous owner used to make paddles on. Also have another dunlap and a Harbour freight mini wood lathe.
Glad to be here amongst all the experienced folks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

monark88

rainier

welcome to AIP, and Oregon. where abouts in Oregon are you? I just south of Eugene.

Erik
I'm in Rainier. About 60 miles NW of Portland.
Just finished this week moving from basement out to the garage. I can work there and look out over the Columbia. Well, what I can see of it now.
I'll try to get some pics up, soon as I get a new camera. My old one went belly-up last week.
Russ

monark88

Not in over 20 years. '91 was the last time. I need to get back next summer. the new addition to New Miami HS is now on the property we used to own. I still have many active friends still in Hamilton/Fairfield area. Good to be here with you.
Russ

ctubbs

Welcome Russ, from far west Kentucky, to the addiction, sometimes referred to as the vortex. You mention that you have read some of the site, be sure to give the library a good bit of time. The link is at the top of the page. You will find an article called Library Index. This covers tutorials on about anything pen making you can think of. You will also notice that there are articles listed by year. Much good info there as well. When these fail to answer your questions, by all means post it here. I have never seen one go unanswered very long. Grab some wood, make some shavings and have fun all the while being safe.
Charles

Top Bottom