Hello from northern Indiana

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

l blanton

hello, started turning a little over two years ago when my wife and I were planing our youngist sons graduation party. Since going to the party supply store wasn't that interesting and my wife definately didn't my help I went to the woodcraft store next door. I noticed the pen section and now half our income goes to Purdue University and the other half for pen supplies. Who Knew!

Thanks for a great sight

Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seawolf

Welcome from Tulsa, Ok. Lots of good folks here and lots of info. If you need help just ask several people will give practiced advice.
Mark

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Larry. Show us some of your work and post some picts. You have discovered a common side effect of pen turning - money drain! :biggrin:

Even though you have a couple of years experience, I am posting links to two threads/articles that have lots of information that you probably already know. But, there may be some new information in these two, and if so, we are glad that these links can help. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of pen turning.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link is has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Last edited:

l blanton

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I really joined last year and found out someone else had the same user name with a different spelling. And since everytime I had a question about something I could find an existing thread to answer what I needed, I've been lurking and learning. Figured it was time to say HI and Thanks. BTW Hank, thanks for the threads always something to learn on this sight.

Larry

PS as soon as I learn how to take a good picture I'll try to post

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
PS as soon as I learn how to take a good picture I'll try to post

They don't have to be "good" pictures, Larry. We have people here who can "translate" and help you with that side too.

Thanks for finally letting us welcome you "officially." Looking forward to seeing your work.

Top Bottom