Hello from New York!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi all!

It's a pleasure to join this community, and I'm looking forward to learning! I've dabbled in a lot of different mediums, but I've never tried my hand at pen-making before. Right now I'm looking to gather information about recommended parts suppliers, more specifically sources for purchasing high quality mechanisms separate from a full kit. Please let me know which section would be appropriate for asking such questions.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Welcome! Queens, Manhattan, Bronx, LI guy here. Alpharetta, GA let me move here 13 years go!

magpens

Hi Nick !! . Welcome to IAP !!

Nick, are you asking about mechanisms for fountain pens, rollerballs, or ballpoints ? . Usually "mechanism" refers to ballpoints. . It sounds like you are wanting to get into what we refer to as "kitless" pens, and that is a pretty "all-encompassing" area of activity.

If you are worried about where to ask questions like that, I would suggest "Advanced Pen Making" ... first click on "Forums" in the blue bar about 2 inches down from the top of the screen.

Last edited:

Karda

hello from New York

Hi, I'm in Elmira NY, I am retired and not a pen turner, to delicate for me. I turn mostly bowls and do some spindle. I have been turning about 3 years. in browsing this forum I see a lot of interesting topics

WarEagle90

Welcome aboard, Nick. You got questions, there's folks here that have answers. Not me, though, I'm still wet behind the ears and enjoying the learning process.

Humongous

Welcome Nick!! I'm from Canandaigua, NY.
I can't begin to say how valuable this forum has been for me personally.
Peruse and absorb.

Top Bottom