Hello from New Mexico

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

NMDoug

Hello:

My name is Doug, and I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico with my wife and daughter. I have a son who is attending college in Colorado. I work full time and turn for fun.

I am new to turning, but having a great time. I went to a friends to see his lathe set up, intending to make grips and reel seats for fly rods. He handed me a pen blank and a turning tool and I have as yet to make a grip or reel seat. I am currently turning out slim lines for the Freedom Pens Project.

Would like to thank you all for the information that is provided here for us newbies.

My only problem is that my wife and some of her friends have seen the freedom pens and now they want me to make pens for my daughters ballet company to sell at their Christmas performance of the nutcracker. Any ideas on Christmas or Nutcracker themed pens?

Thanks
Doug

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome aboard!!

How about making ornaments instead. Just as easy and you can use 5 pen blanks to make them. Take a look at my gallery to see some.

Red/Green pens for Christmas? Segmenting that looks like a Christmas tree?

GK

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Hi Doug, welcome to the best pen site on the web!!!!

There is at least one great penturner very near you that I know of, Nancy Laird. I am the proud owner of one of her classy pens[:D]

great12b4ever

Welcome
Doug, you can check with Hut Products on some christmas theme Logo Clips that they sell. You just use the clips on your pens instead of the ones with the kits. If I remember, they have Santa, Rudolph, Snowman, and Christmas Tree, at least they did[:)]

Rob

NancyLaird

Doug, welcome to the forum. Yes, I live up the hill in Rio Rancho (but work in Journal Center) and I'm addicted too. Give me a call--the number's in the book--and we can swap notes and maybe some blanks.

Nancy (101 days)

NancyLaird

Originally posted by skiprat
<br />Hi Doug, welcome to the best pen site on the web!!!!

There is at least one great penturner very near you that I know of, Nancy Laird. I am the proud owner of one of her classy pens[:D]

Thanks for the plug, Steven. It just tickles me that you like that pen so much!![:D][:D][:D] I'm still oogling the ones you sent me and showing them off.

Nancy (101 days)

kent4Him

Welcome. My best friend comes from Albuquerque.

As far as nutcracker themed pens, you could use nut woods; Walnut, Pecan, Macadamia, Almond...

Or you can look at my gallery for my birdhouse ornaments. I made a lot of semented walnut birdhouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom