Hello from Naches, WA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rob H

I originally bought a tiny mini lathe on Amazon for about $40 for turning rings. Found it was worth about what I paid for it :) I upgraded to a Grizzly t32536 and while getting tools and lathe attachments (most sold by pen turning shops) I discovered pen turning and down the rabbit hole I went. There are so many different ways to turn pens and great ideas on how to do things that it boggles my mind. The only thing not having fun is my bank account because I'm constantly seeing new things and I want them all.

Thank you for a wonderful place to meet a group of great people.

My first pen didn't know about finishing and used leftover hardwood flooring
20230722_133300.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dieseldoc

Hey Rob :::: welcome to the rabbit hole. Naches was the area we hunted Elk for several years, packed in the Rattle snake creek to Mt Aix for years. Sure enjoyed that great country ands always lot of elk back in the day.

Rob H

Hey Rob :::: welcome to the rabbit hole. Naches was the area we hunted Elk for several years, packed in the Rattle snake creek to Mt Aix for years. Sure enjoyed that great country ands always lot of elk back in the day.
Wow I didn't expect anyone to be familiar with this tiny town :). It's not a horrible place to live, plenty of wilderness nearby. Thank everyone for the welcome.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome! You are off to a great start since you discovered that rabbit hole! šŸ˜ And you can get a lot of offerings from people here that will help you down that hole even further - with more suggestions for more tools!šŸ˜… If you have any questions, just ask!

Rob H

Just finished a toothpick holder. I found I like turning resin castings, because I don't have do a CA finish which I would mess up.
Thank you for the blank Exotic Blanks.

20230806_102906.jpg

Top Bottom