Hello from Missouri

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've been a member of the site for a while but have mainly been lurking in the shadows trying to learn from the wealth of experience on the board. Since I've been sniffing around the classifieds a little more I thought I should introduce myself.

I live in Riverside, MO (a suburb of Kansas City) and my wife and I have been into pen turning for about a year now. We got hooked after taking a class at the local Woodcraft store. Since then we've transformed a corner of the basement into a workshop, stuffed it with equipment and joined the local woodturners club. It's amazing how expensive your first pen is! But, it's also great to have a hobby that both of us enjoy.

Anyway, it's great to meet everyone and I look forward to learning as much as I can from the site and its many, many talented members.

~Ryan Richardson

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wild Turkey

Welcome from another Missourian Ryan. Live about 2 hours from you in north central part of state. Check out forum for Southwest Missouri there is going to be a meeting in late March down by Springfield. It will give you a chance to meet some of the other pen turners in this part of the world. Every make it up my way give me a call.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

@JD: Several years ago I actually lived in Chillicothe for about year while I worked in Trenton, but never really made it up to Brookfield. We make frequent (and usually expensive) trips to Country Heritage Furniture over in Jamesport.

They mentioned the Springfield event at the last club meeting. I'm not sure if I'll be making it down but I know at least a couple of people from the KC area will be making the trip. The Woodworking Show is going on today, tomorrow and Sunday in Overland Park, KS. A bit of a drive but I guess it's supposed to be a good show.

Take care...

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from Riverside California!

Below are links to two threads/articles that have lots of information on pen turning. The first one is a very basic overview of the many aspects of getting into turning pens.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

The second link has postings by different pen turners and what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

Here is another link - a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't.

http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

eck

Welcome!! Team. let see the his and her pens!!!! I'll send one a pearof US banks and the other a pear of canadian blanks and see what happens, no peeking at each others until the post

Eck

www.eckmanwoods.com

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Ryan,

Glad to have you here. Join in the fun and post some pictures of your work. Lots of great information and great people here to help and just to chat with!

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome Ryan and wife,
I coordinate the Southwest Missouri group. Our meeting is March 20. We only meet twice a year so it's a twice a year lesiurely drive south! :eek:) At any rate, welcome to this great hobby and forum.

Top Bottom