Hello from long-time lurker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lign

Hello Everyone.
I guess I'm pretty overdue to introduce myself, so here goes. I've been lurking on here for a number of years now and have finally joined. I have passed many pleasant hours reading posts here since I began turning pens three years or four years ago. I was a collector and user of fountain pens for several years before that, and that was what made me start turning pens. I've been a woodworker for most of my life, and the two joys finally joined when I decided to start turning pens.

I think I turned a total of about two pens before I was bored with what seemed to me to be assembling kit pens. I started making segmented and inlaid pens and am now slowly trying to work my way toward making pens similar to those that I have long wanted to own, along the lines of Pelikan, Delta, Waterman, etc. After all, I began turning pens primarily as a way to own some amazing fountain pens (which I could not afford, or at least not justify). The silly thing is, I've now spent far more on penmaking than if I had simply bought nearly every pen I've wanted!

Attachments

• Medical3.jpg
    Medical3.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 159
  • BRWB3Smaller3.jpg
    BRWB3Smaller3.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 107
  • CherryGreenScallops2.jpg
    CherryGreenScallops2.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lign

Thanks for the welcome and kind words everyone. Joe, I enlarged the second two pics a bit.

Snorton20

Thanks lign, I really like the job you did on all of them. I dig the third one most. The segmented scallops are beautiful. Keep up the great work and show as often as you can.

Top Bottom