Hello from Korea (not NORTH)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bandopens

Hello guys. I'm pen lover in korea, specially addicted in fountain pens. Korea's fountain pen industry was started in 1920s, when Korea was colonized by Japan. Bando (which means peninsula in korean) pen was a pioneer in korean pen industry, since the other korean stationary manufacturers founded after independance. Unfortunately, information of bando pens is very limited, I could only find some old ads from newpaper. (korean in-house fountain pen industry crumbled at 1997 currency crisis, some little manufacters survived, making fountain pen based on wood-pen kits and schmitt nib units.) as a fountain pen lover, I always wanted to make own fountain pen by myself. I'm thrilled to learn a lot in this great space:)
image.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Welcome from Texas. Do you have some Bando pens? If so, I would love to see some photos of them.

hallelujahal

Hello guys. I'm pen lover in korea, specially addicted in fountain pens. Korea's fountain pen industry was started in 1920s, when Korea was colonized by Japan. Bando (which means peninsula in korean) pen was a pioneer in korean pen industry, since the other korean stationary manufacturers founded after independance. Unfortunately, information of bando pens is very limited, I could only find some old ads from newpaper. (korean in-house fountain pen industry crumbled at 1997 currency crisis, some little manufacters survived, making fountain pen based on wood-pen kits and schmitt nib units.) as a fountain pen lover, I always wanted to make own fountain pen by myself. I'm thrilled to learn a lot in this great space:)View attachment 349669
Welcome to the forum and how interesting. Are the pens in the picture fountain pens or dip style pens? Alex

Blood Woodson

Wow, you have me very interested. I lived in Gunsan for over a year, and I keep thinking about living in Korea again. Maybe if I could make pens and blacksmith…

Darios

Welcome and annyeonghaseyo/안녕하세요
The above phrase is about the only decent-for-polite-society term I remember from the year I spent in Korea on the US Army world tour plan. I would love to go back. But not in winter - having been placed a little north of Seoul - no thank you.

Blood Woodson

Welcome and annyeonghaseyo/안녕하세요
The above phrase is about the only decent-for-polite-society term I remember from the year I spent in Korea on the US Army world tour plan. I would love to go back. But not in winter - having been placed a little north of Seoul - no thank you.
Camp Redcloud?

Top Bottom