Hello From Florida

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Damper

I really joined a few months ago, but I have been enjoying my new pen hobby so much that I forgot about this sight. Now I have learned quite a bit with the help of the internet and trial and error. I now do have a lot of question, Such as which is the best finish to use if you want a really nice gloss. Or is it possible to put a nice inlay on a pen, something simple? there are others but They will just have to wait for a while.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Welcome from SW Florida. THe best finish is the one you can apply time after time. ITs possible to achieve high gloss finishes using Poly, lacquers, Or CA (superglue) Everyone has their own favorite. Use the search function for celtic knots, inlays and segmentation. Post some pictures of your work.
Mike

renowb

Welcome from Texas Luis! There is a lot of info on this site. Read some info on how to do a ca finish. That's a finish that shines!

Damper

Thank you M redburn and renowb I tried to use the search button in here and got nothing. But that is par for me since I have a very estranged relationship with computers LOL

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Welcome from southern Calilfornia. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your work.

I'm putting a few links in here for reference –
This link has postings by different pen turners on what they wish they had known earlier:
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

This link tells of some "out of the box" tools/aids for pen turners http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66178

This one is a PDF on the acronyms used here. I am sure you know many but this will help with those you don't. http://content.penturners.org/articl...9/Acronyms.pdf

TurnerJohn74

Welcome from Northern Michigan. I know you will love it here, I have met a lot of good and knowledgeable people here. I,m a newbie myself and just love the site.

John

bruce119

Welcome Luis what part of Florida are you from. I am in Holiday just North of Tampa.

Tons of info here plenty of good folks to help you out. And don't forget the classifieds section lots of great deals and a lot of one of a kind items.

Again welcome to our community.

Bruce

Lenny

Thank you M redburn and renowb I tried to use the search button in here and got nothing. But that is par for me since I have a very estranged relationship with computers LOL

If you have trouble searching this site you might want to try the Google toolbar and use it's "search only on the current web site" option. It has worked better for me on occasion.

Top Bottom