Hello from Columbus Ohio

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Oliver

I am looking forward to being a member here. Just getting started into pens.

A bit about me....I have a lot of woodworking interests.

Love restoring old furniture, the oldest piece I have dates to 1730....almost 300 years old.

Collect old wood working machines, Have a 1937 buffalo 18 Drill press, 1939 Walker turner 14 inch bandsaw, 1944 Whitney 177 table saw, 1944 Oliver 270-D table saw , 1946 Oliver 192 Bandsaw, I turn on a 1951 Oliver 159A pattern makers lathe, Also a 1955 Powermatic 100 Planer, 1958 Dewalt MBF Radial Arm saw, 1973 Delta Unisaw, 1979 Powermatic 87 20 inch bandsaw, 1988 Inca 259 Table saw, 1994 Powermatic 60 Jointer....newer stuff would include a Jet Mortiser and Rikon Grinder.

I do architectural woodworking and love building and repairing decks. We build furniture in the mission and shaker style mostly but want to try some modern and Asian pieces, and also would like to build a few high style Queen Anne pieces.

Bowl turning is my main interest at the lathe.

I share my workshop with Brian, who builds guitars.

For a career, I work in the facilities department of a university, where I sometimes do general carpentry and repair furniture.

My other interests include reading, being a foodie, square dancing and spending time with my wife. Also, i coach collegiate debate at the University where I work.

Looking forward to this forum!

Chris

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodchipper

Welcome. I used to live in Shadeville and Grove City. FWIW, my family and I stumbled across a fellow in central TN who restored old horse-drawn buggies and wagons. He had an ancient mortise setup for the wheel rims.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Welcome to IAP from Medina.

There is an Ohio Chapter that meets periodically at Hartville Hardware. You can monitor the future meeting announcements here: Ohio IAP Chapter.

Have FUN!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Hi Chris,

I'm also in Columbus. Little Turtle Subdivision near SR 161 and Hamilton. Welcome to the IAP!

Top Bottom