Hello from California

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MyronW

Hi, folks!
My name is Myron, and I live in Valley Center. I work as a Sr. Quality Engineer for a medical device firm, spending my days auditing my coworkers and our suppliers. That makes me kind of unpopular (gross understatement), so I tend to have a lot of time to myself. Maybe I should put a lathe in my office. :biggrin:

I'm still learning the penmaking ropes- nothing fancy in terms of design, but I'm reasonably competent in shaping and finishing. I would put myself low on the learning curve as far as turning skill goes. Gouges and scrapers. I spent a few minutes with a skew today, and managed to not catch it this time.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone. It's great to have so many creative and accomplished turners around!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Welcome to the IAP Myron, just watch your popularity grow at work when you start to make awesome pens, friends seem to come out of the shadows! lol

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
I'm all for putting a lathe in the office! :)

Trust me, I'm only in it for just over a year...Now I am trying to get fancy.
Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't!

Welcome to the group from Southern Indiana.

jimbob91577

Welcome Myron!
My wife's family is from Valley Center, Escondido, and the Rincon reservation. In fact, I have some wood from a cherry tree that was trimmed about 7 months prior to the Witch-Creek fire that ravaged that area a few years ago. I made pens out of the wood and gave them to all of the family that still lives down there. An example of which you can see here: http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=48811

MyronW

My wife's family is from Valley Center, Escondido, and the Rincon reservation. In fact, I have some wood from a cherry tree that was trimmed about 7 months prior to the Witch-Creek fire that ravaged that area a few years ago. I made pens out of the wood and gave them to all of the family that still lives down there.

This world gets smaller every day! :)
My shop (but not our home) burned down in the Paradise fire of 2003. It's since been rebuilt better than ever, but it sure was an inconvenience for about 3 years.
We still get skittish when the wind blows from the east.

Top Bottom