Hello from California!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gopher44

Hi Everyone,

My name is Chris, I am a new woodturner (since Oct 2019). I am in graduate school and use woodworking as a creative outlet. When I am not turning or woodworking, I am most likely riding my road or mountain bike. So far, I've mostly turned pens, bottle stoppers, and handles. I have done a side projects like eggs, rattles, and misc. spindles (such as a pedestal for my egg). I would like to eventually get more into bowls, boxes, and vessels.

I hope being a member of this forum will allow me to share the experience and lessons I learn along the way with other woodworkers. If anyone is in the Southern California area and would like to connect, feel free to reach out. It would be great to meet and network with more turners in my area! As my first contribution to the forum, I have posted my experience using Tru-Oil as a finish on two pens in an attempt to achieve a high gloss finish without using CA. The link can be found below.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Welcome to the asylum Chris.

Strongly suggest looking on the AAW website , association of american wood turners https://www.woodturner.org/ as they're a friendly bunch and there maybe a group near you ? You're welcome to come along to one of our meetings here in Thirsk UK once the travel restrictions are lifted, come peckish as we break for bacon and egg butties at mid day !).

Stay safe and healthy

Gopher44

Thank you for all the warm welcomes! Definitely excited to be apart of the community and excited to one day travel to meet fellow woodturners.

Top Bottom