Hello from beautiful Augusta, Georgia.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

S.A.Mappin

I'm a beginner in woodturning, about a little over a year, and have quickly found myself immersed in a vast new world!! I have a jet 1236, which I purchased last year, with the idea of making bowls mostly, but have found myself making pens for the last 9 months mostly.

I am a married father of 2, with a passion for woodworking. I truly enjoy spending time out in the shop, it's nice to be able to create a wood piece that "talks" to you.

I really appreciate the time alot of you more "experienced" turners put in to help the masses who venture thru these forums. I came by this site looking for ways to cast snakeskin blanks on my own. Boy, did I hit the jackpot when it comes to the wealth of knowledge embroiled here!

I actually registered here a couple months back, but hadn't really used the forums up until this point. But I do now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

S.A.Mappin

Here's a couple of pens

100_1874.jpg

100_1771.jpg

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome S.A.! Great looking pens and I like the Center Band. Georgia has a great IAP chapter going. Look them up for some great fun and personal pen turning help.

Just below is a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Also included below is a link to a new post that gives some information that people wished they had known earlier in pen turning. Some good information by those that make pens.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46654

fiferb

Welcome from about an hours drive north of you. I'd like to invite you to the Carolina group that meets in Columbia. Our next meeting is on August 8th. Check out the local chapters forum.

PenPal

S A

I have never seen that style of centre band so wide nor the butt end of the Antler so I found the pens refreshing.

Welcome from our winter to your warm to hot climate at the moment, hope you maintain your turning skills and variety in turning.

Regards Peter.

Top Bottom