Hello from Beaumont, TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GregHight

I joined this forum a while back and thought I'd finally say hi. I have only been turning for about 6 months but have really got into it and have made quite a few pens. I,ve made pens from everything from pine to alligator jawbone and getting into doing inlays now and enjoying the challenge.

I'll be at Woodworld in North Dallas (richardson) tomorrow to turn pens for soldiers from 4-9 and look forward to meeting other pen turners.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Now Greg some of us are slow, but Wylie ain't no where close to Beaumont.:biggrin: So, which one is it?:confused: Of course, being from Texas, it doesn't really matter, we can be from 3 different places if we want to!!:eek: Welcome from El Paso and Amarillo!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Greg. Aligator Jaw? You are doing well for 6 months. This speaks of some talent and experience before hand. Join in the fun and post some picts when you can.

I am including a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

There will be some new links coming in the next few weeks, so stay tuned.

gaeast54

Welcome

Welcome neighbor, This site has been a great learning tool and also a new way to make friends from around the world.

GregHight

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Just for the record, I work in Beaumont, TX during the week but go home to Wylie (20 miles NE of Dallas) on weekends. It's a lot of driving but not much choice at the moment.

I enjoy pushing the limit and I'm always looking for something new to make a pen out of. Anyone ever stabilized a cigar and turned it? It's on my list of things to try.. lol

Top Bottom