Hello from Baltimore

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Nowicki

I have been bladesmithing for a long time now. I have always ground my handles. Last January I was at a wood show and while there got to turn a pen....I was hooked. I have made a few since then and in the process turned a few letter opener kits. They turned out OK but I want to do some higher end stuff. I want to do some in damascus with mokume fittings. I've made a few ElGrande fountain pens in a 50 cal bullet casing. I recently had one come back for ink flow problems. I asked at the wood turners meeting last night if there was a place to get into higher end innerds and was refered here. Wow this is the place I want to be. Lots of good stuff. I will probably start making my own fittings but will still need innerds. I got a metal lathe comming this weekend to aid in the process. Looking forward to learning and sharing. I'll be lurking a while looking at everything.

Larry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

Welcome from Florida, Larry.

You should look into http://www.heritagepens.com/ . Lou is a member here (dcbluesman) and has some of the best fountain nibs around, in my opinion. I replace all kit nibs with his and haven't had a complaint.

You should post pics of your work. We love to see what people are making.

CarpenterAnt

Hello from North Carolina!

Larry, your going to find a lot of great stuff for learning, good conversation and even a little good hearted harassment.

Have fun, John

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Larry! Join in the fun, ask some questions and post a few pictures of your blacksmith work on the "Other Things We Make" forum. I would love to see some of that!

JJturns

Welcome Larry from PA. You can definitely see some high-end work here. There are also some vendors of very high-end products. M3 sells metal composite Damascus and Mokume, and Heritage sells some beautiful nibs. You may want to check out there sites.

http://metalpenblanks.com/
http://www.heritagepens.com/index.php

Nowicki

Thanks for the welcome. I spent all day Sunday tearing down a lathe at a friend's basement and resembling it in my shop. For me it is a biggin. It's an interrupted 13"/18" by/6'. I got most of the tooling too. I'll get some picts later. I'm still in learning mode but I got a bullet pen with an antler top ordered for this weekend so I'll get working quick.

Larry

Nowicki

She still needs a little clean up but all is running and works.
13-6-Lathe.jpg

Nowicki

They tell me I messed up a perfectly good ball peen hammer. I knew there was something else hiding in that thing.
BallpeinHawkfinished1.jpg

Top Bottom