Hello from a newbie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kraby

HI all,

I've just started pen turning a few weeks ago. I had been meaning to give it a try for a long time, my wife bought me a harbor freight lathe for a present (the big one) almost two years ago and I had purchased a set off turning tools, slow speed grinder, wolverine, etc. shortly after. But then we decided to move across town to a bigger place and what with one thing or another never got around to actually get back to it until a few weeks ago I got a catalog from Penn State and well after buying probably too much stuff (pen vise, pen mill, mandrel, kits, blanks, etc., etc.) I finally got to turning. I've already made a few more orders from more than one supplier now, made about a dozen pens with several more kits/blanks out in the shop just calling to me. Been watching a lot of YouTube videos and going through messages on this forum. Learning a lot and still need a LOT of practice My first 11 pens.
IMG_20201123_114431_820.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mnerland

Nice job on your pens. Just don't race to the finish line....because there isn't one. Welcome to IAP. You will learn a ton of information here.

kraby

Nice job on your pens. Just don't race to the finish line....because there isn't one. Welcome to IAP. You will learn a ton of information here.
Not in a race - just excited to learn and I see so many different techniques to explore in making pens and blanks...

howsitwork

it's all about having fun and enjoying the journey.

Oh and rewarding friends of course. Nice work and welcome from the UK

Top Bottom