Hello folks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ChickenFoot

I have been looking around IAP for a while now (learning mostly) and its time to say hello to Yall. I'm Texas born and raised. The company I work for (evil oil company) said if I wanted to get paid I was to move to the Houston area. We been here for 15 years now (still aint use to it). I'm new to pen turning but not wood working. Ms Santa, the wife got me a mini lathe with the super pen turning kit for me this last Christmas. I have been turning pens, trying new finishes and learning just about ever free minute I get. I sold a few pens put not enough to support new habit, but that ok it keep me out of all those gentlemen clubs here in Houston. Again thanks for all the free flowin information I have found here and I hope I will be able to add to it.:good:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Richard! Nothing wrong with being from Texas or Houston for that matter - if that is where work is! :wink: :biggrin:

Show us some of your work and join in on the posting here.

Below is a link to a PDF file that goes over many aspects of pen turning from finish - to pens - to tools - to methods etc. It is not in detail but a good overview for pen turning. You probably know much of it already.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42446

Top Bottom