Helleaux from Louisiana!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terryble66

Thanks for allowing me to be a member of your esteemed group! I've only been turning about two months now, and excited to learn and share on here. When my husband first got his lathe, I just watched him turn. Then he ordered some pen kits, and I had to try it. I made these pens the first time I'd ever turned anything, and I was hooked! Hubby got me a benchtop lathe for Christmas so I'd stop hogging his lol. I'm sure I don't have to tell y'all what a wonderful obsession this has become.

Attachments

• IMG_20191109_185719__01.jpg
    IMG_20191109_185719__01.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 166
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work !! . And ... Welcome to IAP !!

Sure looks like you've got "the knack" !!! . Those pens are very well done !!!

Terryble66

Nice. What are the woods used? Lived in Shreveport and Pineville.
Thanks! The light one was just a scrap piece of a board, likely poplar, that I asked my husband to cut for my first turning. I didn't want to mess up a fancy piece of wood! He had confidence enough to give me the bocote blank for the second one, the dark one. That one set the hook in my addiction lol!

1shootist

Hello Terry šŸ‘‹
Welcome to the penturners forum !
You've entered the rabbithole of pen turning.šŸ¤‘

Great looking first couple of pens you've made...congratulations and well done !!

Pkoeck

Nice! My wife's from Lake Charles. She's into pottery, but she's always claiming my pens for herself.

DrD

Geaux Rebels! šŸ˜Š
Suspect you were being kind and acknowledging my residence in MS. Nope I'm a Miger (Mike the Tiger) fan thru and thru - bleed Purple and Gold. There are large numbers of Tiger fans up here in MS. As for me, finished my last 2 degrees at LSU, taught at LSU for a number of years. I even had Steve Ensminger in one of the core curriculum courses I taught.

Top Bottom