Heard fro Brian (OZturner)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I have wrote to Brian again and got his permission to share to his response to me. I know that many enjoyed his contributions and friendship.

Brian wrote:

Hi Tony,
Thank you for your welcome letter, and kind comments and thoughts.
I am doing fine, but I have a "Tiger By The Tale" in trying to tidy up my Workshop.
It is likened to trying to "Pour a Quart, into a Pint Pot". before the Isolation, that has been successfully imposed by our Government, about 5 weeks ago, I purchased enough MDF panels to make 5 off boxes to house, the "Necessary" items I had accumulated, together with my "U F O's", the theory was that these boxes, would be positioned on the rear of my "Over Sized - Over Designed, Engineered and Utilized", these boxes are each fitted with 4 wheels, so that when I want something that is stored in one of the boxes, that I pull it and it rolls to within my easy reach.
They are great, but I Grossly under estimated the shear volume of Material to be stored, I can't fit any more boxes on the Bench, so I am having to reinvent some space.

And of Course, the Isolation rules, do not allow me to leave our house, this is now the 5th week, I need to go to my favorite "Toy Store" and obtain some more items I need.
The last couple of days I started working on a mobile Carving Stand, to accommodate Power tools for Sanding, Grinding, Carving, and Engraving this consists of the lower structure of an office chair, with the seat and hydraulic cylinder removed, leaving the Pentagon Five Legs fitted with Castor Wheels. I have fitted a 5 foot Chrome Plated, 19mm Pipe, that will have Branches fitted onto the Pipe, to which the Tools will be attached, also on the Pipe will be the Power Sockets Board, the which the respective Power leads will be plugged into.
I have made, for this stand a Pentagon, storage box, fitted onto the Metal Legs, Creating 5 storage compartments so the Consumables, Cutters and Abrasives, can be stored, and travel with the Respective Tool. around the Shop.
I cannot progress this any further at the moment, as I have to go to "My Toy Store, for some Ply timber, Hinges, and several other things, so I can better utilize my storage Capacity.

I have not been able to get onto the IAP site, I tried some time ago, and I see that there have been some further changes, I wasn't able to get onto the appropriate Forum, for "Show your Pen's".
I will need to try again, when I am able.
We are doing very well with this Corona Isolation, regrettably with our Woodworking Men's Shed, being closed since February 14, this is a blow, as the Machinery, and Consumables, that are there, makes life a lot easier.

Our Government have just released an Apt, for the iPhone that will monitor and record, for 21 days, the your Data and that of all other people who, you pass and if one is , later confirmed as infected the Health Dept will contact you and all others within, the range.
Regrettably, my iPhone is too old, and the Apt requires iOS of 11.4, mine is a 10.

Tony, thank you for including me in your thoughts and prayers, I also miss the members of the Association, and I include those special ones in my thoughts and Prayers.
Keep well, obey the Isolation,
Kindest regards,
Brian Hawkins, aka OZturner.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Now if I can just type ("fro"). Brian is a good guy. IMO, his personality and the like gives the IAP its "personality". Take care Tom and stay well in that beautiful state of yours!

greenacres2

Thanks for the update Tony. Much appreciate Brian's comments--he really helped me get started with his critiques. Honestly, i could use a bit more of that--perhaps i'll take some pics of a pen or two!!
earl

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Tony

I'm unsure what Brian is referring to when he says he can't access the site. He has posted since our upgrade last year, and he visited today.

If there's anything I can do to help him get back on, let me know.

Jeff

TonyL

Tony

I'm unsure what Brian is referring to when he says he can't access the site. He has posted since our upgrade last year, and he visited today.

If there's anything I can do to help him get back on, let me know.

Jeff
I wanted to ask him the same thing. I will reach out again.

Top Bottom