Heading North . . .

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cozee

I am heading up to the Chicago area for a day next week. Any woodworking stores between Elgin and Champaign-Urbana?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

Hey! That's my area!
Woodcraft in Palatine
Woodcraft in Woodridge
Rockler in Schaumberg
Owlhardwood in Lombard --- wood --great place for exotics---boards
Hardwood Connection 1-815-895-8733--- wood, in back room (not as much as they used to have)
There is another place on the way to Champaign, not open on Sunday. I will try to remember the name. It has mostly wood and power tools, also in the back room.
Alice

elody21

Hi Greg,
Have you ever had one of those months when all of a sudden a ton of work comes all at once? I feel like I can not catch up! To top is off a couple of weeks ago I ended up in the emergency room! Amazing, all of those dangerous woodworking machines and I jab a carving gouge into my hand hitting the knuckle! Five stiches and a lot of pain. It makes getting everything much harder to do!.
Anyway I have some addersses for you!

The 2 Woodcraft addresses can be found on their site

The Woodworkers Shop is probably the only one that is right in your path
Woodworkers Shop
3385 N State (Rt 47) Morris Il 60450 They are not open on Sundays
They have limited pens supplies if any, anymore but in the wood room in the back they have a lot of exotic and domestic boards. Phone# 815-942-5865

Rockler
253 W Golf Rd.
Schaumburg Il Phone# 847-301-0447

Hardwood Connection
1810 Wt State Rt 64
Sycamore Il
All wood planks. No turning blanks but lots of exotic wood you can cut up for pen blanks
They also have a nice room displaying woodcrafts for sale

If you plan on going out of the way for any store, make it one of the Woodcrafts. The one in Woodridge is probably going to be closer.
I hope this helps.

Take Care, Alice

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Alice,

Sorry to hear you have been injured!!!

NOT a great year for you! (BTW, last year you said you might want to do a show at Pheasant Run-we will NOT be in their Thanksgiving show-that's Art Plus.

Call me (or email) if you want additional info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom