Headhunting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Hey William ... I went through the 08 Bash forum and came up with the following list of names. These are people who helped with the last Bash:

Scott
Andrew
Bruce Fifer
Randy
ByYoungHusband (Bob in Sachse)
Firefyteremt (Lee Thomas)
melogic (Mark Lynch - ran the Liar's Club Contest)
Wudnhead (Becca)

And, of course we have our Management Team members:
ed
Lance
Lou
Monty

I think we should recruit 09 Bash Volunteers by starting with the above list. Plus, let's add some other members who weren't involved last year. That way, we'll have some "fresh meat".

I also think we need to contact Andrew and ask him how many assistants he'll need and who he would like to have work with him.

Andrew and his helpers can then immediately get started on contacting vendors for prizes. While his team is working behind the scenes you and I can be contacting the Bash Volunteers and getting a commitment from them to help.

Once we get the commitment to help we'll ask Jeff to give them access to the 2009 Bash Planning Forum.

Then, we'll assign volunteers to each of the contests. We can have them work on the rules for their contest and post them in the Bash Planning Forum for our perusal.

Let's you and I use this thread to stay current with each other.

Once you give me the go ahead, I'll start contacting the above people and ask them to help with the Bash.

Meanwhile, who else should we ask?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Al, and Others,

I'm sorry that I took so long to respond to this. I have not been feeling well at all. Just going through the motions of life are incredibly tiring of late. Today, I had to rest up to get the energy to leave work early. I slept most of the day, and am still tired. After consulting with a Physician's Assistant friend and my MD brother, I have decided it is likely caused by the new blood pressure medicine I am on. I emailed my doc as that is the best way to reach her, and asked her about it. On my own, I am quitting it as of the last dose I took this morning. If I have to feel this way to have a normal blood pressure, I'm not interested. Yes, I will see her and see if we can try another medicine.

All this is as a reason/excuse for my laxness in working at Bash planning. I hope to feel like getting back to work at the Bash by this weekend.

Al, your list sounds great. I'll touch base with you soon and help get things going.

DocStram

Oh man, Curtis. I apologize ... really. I just assumed that you and Jeff were so tied up with keeping IAP running that you wouldn't have time to help with the Bash. Thanks for volunteering!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
William, I hope you feel better! Getting the right mix of medicines is very difficult! PLEASE work Al as hard as you possibly can on the bash. He volunteered and it's up to us to teach him not to do that. :smile-big:

Al - I am 110% tied up keeping Curtis in line!

Regarding the bash - I think the most important thing right now is to get Andrew working on prize solicitations and to nail down a couple of contests.

Andrew - I recommend that you talk to Scott Greaves about the contacts he's used in previous years... I'm sure he'd be willing to do some solicitations this year. You could also approach the other vendors we had last year, and by all means use your imagination in getting other prizes. One thing, please do not contact Bill Baumbeck at Arizona Silhouette. He wishes no involvement with us at all.

DocStram

Ok .... I've heard back from the following members. They have committed to helping run the 2009 Bash:

Andrew
Lee Firefyter-emt
Scott
Bob byounghusband
Randy
Bruce fiferb
Dion dntrost

Plus, we have the following Management Team members: ed, Lou, Monty, and Lance

I'm still waiting to hear back from Becca and melogic.

Note to Andrew: How many volunteers would you like to have help you with the prizes? And, who should we ask to help?

Note to Jeff: Please allow the above members to have access to the Bash Planning Forum

Note to Cav: Who else should I ask? And, how about posting the list of contests so we can start matching up the Bash Team members with the contests.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The requested members should now be able to see and post in the 2009 forum and see the 2008 forum for reference.

AL - please make sure they can all view and post.

Thanks!

Top Bottom