Hawaii visit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzydog

I am looking for any IAP members that may be on the Big Island of Hawaii, and who might be willing to spend a hour or two with another IAP member during the first part of Feb. Please email me if your up for a visit. No I'm not looking for a place to stay or a tour guide, that's all taken care of.:D

BigRob777

David,
Sorry, I missed you by a year. I was there last February, for my 10th anniversary and picked up a time share. I'll be going there every 3 or 4 years. That's where I fell in love with koa and consequently figured woods.
Rob

fuzzydog

Rob,
Thank you for the responce. My wife and I go over on even number years. We also have a time share there. This year it happens to be in Feb. not our normal time being I work 5 months,Jan to May. I had to line up this vacation a year in advance, but we are really looking forward to this trip. I purchased Koa from a fellow on Mauai, several years ago and have nearly run out so I'll be looking for more this year.
Aloha
David

Doghouse

David,
There are a few cabinet makers on maui who will sell scraps at normal prices. I would suggest visiting the town of Makawao and chatting with the locals. I was able to get quite a bit of wood shipped home without a problem that way. The town also has some of the best food in Maui.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom