58957_W6.jpg

58957_W7.jpg

58957_W8.jpg

PITTSBURGH

10mm Metric Essential Socket Set, 10 Piece

at Harbor Freight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenacres2

I haven't had that problem in the last 15 years--when my oldest son moved out on his own and stopped riding free-style BMX. I'd like to have what i spent in 10 mm and 13 mm sockets & wrenches (plus half of what went out in ER visits!!)
Thanks for the memories!!
earl

Jim Smith

Remember when everyone was losing their 10mm sockets?
What do you mean "was losing the 10mm sockets?" Those sockets are still the one that seems to disappear out of my sets every time. It's like they run away and get made into steel coathangers and show up in my closet;)

jttheclockman

Probably my biggest tool that seems to grow legs is allen keys of any size. Man those things are slippery. Sets, individuals. It does not matter. When I need one it is a hunt that usually does not end well. o_O

Jans husband

The one that amazes me is trying to find a Phillips screwdriver among all of the standard screwdrivers in the screwdriver drawer. UNTIL you need that standard screwdriver and they all somehow became Phillips!
Separate drawers???
Only a whimsical suggestion, because tensions seem quite high at the moment!!
Mike

KMCloonan

I love it when I need to disassemble something (like an appliance), and the manufacturer uses a combination of phillips screws, Allen screws, Torx screws (with a pin in the middle to prevent you from actually inserting a torx wrench) hex head screws, and a variety of machine, sheet metal and other sundry fasteners. You need to come prepared with an entire tool set.

jttheclockman

I love it when I need to disassemble something (like an appliance), and the manufacturer uses a combination of phillips screws, Allen screws, Torx screws (with a pin in the middle to prevent you from actually inserting a torx wrench) hex head screws, and a variety of machine, sheet metal and other sundry fasteners. You need to come prepared with an entire tool set.
Too funny. Had to just go out and buy a set of those security torx head screw drivers to take apart a microwave oven I wanted to try to fix. Got the too,l took it apart and thought to myself this thing is going to wind up on the shop bench along with all the other projects and I said no way. Not worth the effort. Out it went in trash. Now to put those drivers away in a place I will remember where they are the next time I need them.(;););)

hcpens

HEY! Just thought of a solution to all of the above issues.

TOOLLESS, no tools to use or buy. I would be a millionaire by now.:)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I had a day care building (my business) that had security dimpled screws for the light fixtures. To simply replace burned out bulbs (200+ fixtures in the building) I had a very difficult time finding the correct size inserts to unscrew/drop the plexiglass covers to gain access. Several hardware stores said they were not ava to non-commercial customers??? (I owned the building... I was commercial). Finally I scored a complete set of those I needed. Used them for 25 years. Many dollars saved vs hiring a maintenance service which was the intent.

KMCloonan

Too funny. Had to just go out and buy a set of those security torx head screw drivers to take apart a microwave oven I wanted to try to fix. Got the too,l took it apart and thought to myself this thing is going to wind up on the shop bench along with all the other projects and I said no way. Not worth the effort. Out it went in trash. Now to put those drivers away in a place I will remember where they are the next time I need them.(;););)
A Microwave is exactly the appliance I was describing (although I have also seen this type of issue on our Stove, and washing machine to some extent. I ended up repairing the microwave 2 or 3 times (door switches), and then finally decided to pitch it. I salvaged the turntable motor and built a small revolving lazy-Susan motorized platform to take videos of my pens on. Works great!

jttheclockman

A Microwave is exactly the appliance I was describing (although I have also seen this type of issue on our Stove, and washing machine to some extent. I ended up repairing the microwave 2 or 3 times (door switches), and then finally decided to pitch it. I salvaged the turntable motor and built a small revolving lazy-Susan motorized platform to take videos of my pens on. Works great!
Yea never thought about frankinsteining things from it because I knew it was just going to collect dust on the bench. Too many projects going on at once here.

sorcerertd

I saw that and thought it was a pretty nice idea. A friend mentioned that he had picked up a set at Advance Auto a while back, but this was new news to me.

Probably my biggest tool that seems to grow legs is allen keys of any size. Man those things are slippery. Sets, individuals. It does not matter. When I need one it is a hunt that usually does not end well. o_O
These folding sets aren't right for every job, but they don't get lost

The one that amazes me is trying to find a Phillips screwdriver among all of the standard screwdrivers in the screwdriver drawer. UNTIL you need that standard screwdriver and they all somehow became Phillips!
Am I the only OCD one who has the philips handles on the right and the flat head handles on the left?

penicillin

Am I the only OCD one who has the philips handles on the right and the flat head handles on the left?
No, but you have it backwards. Phillips on the left and and flat heads on the right. In addition, you forgot to mention ... "arranged in size order." :p

Top Bottom