Has anyone taken apart a Long Clicker pen???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Well...made my mother a nice clicker pen for while she was recovering from surgery. Should have stressed NOT to leave it sitting out where the dog could get a hold of it. Need to take it apart and re-turn another barrel. I have spare tubes, but not sure if there is anything to be particularly careful about when it comes to banging out the hardware. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 100_3297.jpg
    100_3297.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_3300.jpg
    100_3300.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well...made my mother a nice clicker pen for while she was recovering from surgery. Should have stressed NOT to leave it sitting out where the dog could get a hold of it. Need to take it apart and re-turn another barrel. I have spare tubes, but not sure if there is anything to be particularly careful about when it comes to banging out the hardware. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Hi Jonathon; It's not as difficult as it looks!

1. Unscrew the nib.

2. Take a rather thin punch from a Transfer Punch set that will go in through the nib holder on an angle. You are trying to catch the edge of the click transmission to knock it out. It takes a while, just make certain you stay on the edges of the transmission.

3. Once the tranny is removed, a transfer punch the dia. of the click tube will remove the nib bushing.

Now you've saved the kit!

cnirenberg

Jonathon,
I would ditto what Mack said. I am in the process of re-turning a cracked amboyna burl barrel for the clicker. HF transfer punch set was a great purchase. Look into one if you don't have one.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
If you have a spare tube then simply cut the old one through the middle ( below the tranny )and use a bigger punch to get the tranny out. That way you won't risk ruining the end of the soft aluminium tranny with a smaller punch at an angle:wink:

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If you have a spare tube then simply cut the old one through the middle ( below the tranny )and use a bigger punch to get the tranny out. That way you won't risk ruining the end of the soft aluminium tranny with a smaller punch at an angle:wink:
WOW; I'd be more inclined to use this method! Great thinking. Thanks for posting, Skip!

el_d

I need to start thinking like a rat...... A very clever rat.

Top Bottom