Has anyone heard from Brian (nice guy from Australia)?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I've been in contact with Brian (Ozturner) a couple months ago. He critiqued my pens when I first started this quest...great guy. He is doing well but has had some medical issues. I know he would appreciate getting emails from other members.

TonyL

I've been in contact with Brian (Ozturner) a couple months ago. He critiqued my pens when I first started this quest...great guy. He is doing well but has had some medical issues. I know he would appreciate getting emails from other members.
Thank you. I will send him a note. I guess I can do it from here , Thanks again!

TonyL

I just wrote him. I hope to set up a Skype call or something, despite the time difference. There are so many people that I miss hearing from and that I think about (and pray for even if they don't ask). The "regulars" are like the Johnny Carson show was I was a kid./teen. I may not have watched it every day, but I felt good knowing that it was son. Whether this forum comprises 30k, 3MM or 3. It wouldn't matter. There is always enough good and well-intentioned folks to make it a nice place to visit, connect, and learn a lot. I am always careful as to how I respond to all (not easy for a NY'er - we are used to be very direct and often curt.), but especially newcommers. One day, I may lose interest in the hobby, or life will throw something at me that precludes me from participating. However, I make a point of doing what I can to ensure that new folks feel welcome and unintimidated - took me a long time to learn that lesson- none of you knew me 15 years old - not pretty!). Before I leave this place, I believe I have a responsibility to my best to make it a place that others want to visit.

Over the years, I have opened my home to some members that I have personally struggled with (I may not have liked how they responded to questions - which is really my problem, not theirs); I thought it was the right thing to do (as my signature block states). Do you know that they were some of the nicest, most patience, and generous people that I met. They also made wonderful guests and I would have them over anytime.

For what it is worth.

Tony

Promised the Mrs., that I would rip up the last remaining rug in the house. I have had the flooring for close to a year LOL. Lori is a beautiful creature. I may sneak in two pens that I prepped yesterday LOL

Last edited:

TonyL

I just wrote him. I hope to set up a Skype call or something, despite the time difference. There are so many people that I miss hearing from and that I think about (and pray for even if they don't ask). The "regulars" are like the Johnny Carson show was I was a kid./teen. I may not have watched it every day, but I felt good knowing that it was son. Whether this forum comprises 30k, 3MM or 3. It wouldn't matter. There is always enough good and well-intentioned folks to make it a nice place to visit, connect, and learn a lot. I am always careful as to how I respond to all (not easy for a NY'er - we are used to be very direct and often curt.), but especially newcommers. One day, I may lose interest in the hobby, or life will throw something at me that precludes me from participating. However, I make a point of doing what I can to ensure that new folks feel welcome and unintimidated - took me a long time to learn that lesson- none of you knew me 15 years old - not pretty!). Before I leave this place, I believe I have a responsibility to my best to make it a place that others want to visit.

Over the years, I have open my home to some members that I have personally struggled with (I may not have liked how they responded to questions - which is really my problem, not theirs); I thought it was the right thing to do (as my signature block states). Do you know that they were some of the nicest, most patience, and generous people that I met. They also made wonderful guests and I would have them over anytime.

For what it is worth.

Tony

Promised the Mrs., that I would rip up the last remaining rug in the house. I have had the flooring for close to a year LOL. Lori is a beautiful creature. I may sneak in two pens that I prepped yesterday LOL

Well stated Tony! Words to live by. Like you, sometimes I wish I could retract what I've said, or written. Emotions can get in the way at times and, as my wife would agree, I'm pretty hard headed. It's something I've been working on but it's a carry-over from my working days. But I'll continue to try.

Alan Morrison

For what it is worth.Tony[/QUOTE.

For what it's worth, Tony, I am impressed by this particuar thread and the kind heart that you display. And as a recent member I feel part of this forum when I see the welcoming smile on your photograph.
Keep smiling
Alan

TonyL

Thank you.

Listen...what I do, many others do on this forum in their own way; I am merely emulating the kindness that have been shown. As far as the smile, thank God you don't have to live with me (as my wife of 33 years does LOL). I am not always smiling. But if pen turning and my others hobbies don't cause me to smile (as I throw that blown blanks across my shop), I better find new hobbies.

This is an outstanding forum comprising outstanding moderators, members and suppliers. Few forms have all 3!

Thank you.

Listen...what I do, many others do on this forum in their own way; I am merely emulating the kindness that have been shown. As far as the smile, thank God you don't have to live with me (as my wife of 33 years does LOL). I am not always smiling. But if pen turning and my others hobbies don't cause me to smile (as I throw that blown blanks across my shop), I better find new hobbies.

This is an outstanding forum comprising outstanding moderators, members and suppliers. Few forms have all 3!

Well put Tony although I feel like I've kinda screwed up recently with some IAP members. As for throwing stuff, I'm glad, kinda, I'm a member of that club. I've launched a lot of stuff across the shop and ruined a lot of projects due to my temper, but I'm working on it. I've found that Leonard Skinner doesn't calm me but Dean Martin, bag pipes and the classics do, so that's what gets played on the shop CD player. Bobby Darin really helps too, especially Mack The Knife, oh yea :cool:.

Top Bottom