Harbour Freight is not First Rate

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikes pens

My brother bought a brake bleeder for me and shipped it up here to Canada. He bought it from Harbour Freight. The thing couldn't suck a fart out of a rump roast. It is a piece of junk It doesn't even pull 1cm-Hg. I e-mailed the store and the web site and asked them to replace it and their answer was that they needed the product. That is ridiculous as the shipping would cost more than the item. Needless to say what my thoughts are on this company. Now a good company is Schlage. My door lock broke and they sent me a replacement and all I had to do was send them a picture of the lock. Great company. It's nice to know some companies know how to do business. Harbour Freight should take a lesson from Schlage.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Mike,
I would try again with HF.. Suggest you call and talk with them personally...
I bought a Dc from the last October... Last month it quit running and after checking everything I called customer service and explained the situation... I thought my motor had burned out... they sent me a new motor right away... no questions asked nor did I have to send the item back.

LanceD

Most companies usually require the defective item sent back to them so that they can get reimbursed by their supplier. If I bought 5 kits from CSUSA and sold those 5 pens to customers and they turned out to be defective I would definately have to have the pens returned to me so that I can send them back to my supplier for replacements or credit. I don't think CSUSA, Harbor Freight, ABC Pens or any other company for that matter would be in business for very long if they just sent out replacement parts or items without having any proof that it's defective.
I build fishing rods and if someone calls me and tells me that their rod broke I would need to have that rod back and not just a picture so that I can send it back to the manufacturer then when they determine there was a defect in materials they will send me a replacement so that I can build another for my customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom