Harbor Freight Promo Alert

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

Got this post from Woodnet...thought worth passing along.

"Harbor Freight Promo Alert

This is close to a scam,
In todays mail I got a coupon with 8400 bonus points, no reason given, redeemable for a whole bunch of items in enclosed pamphlet.
No shipping costs at first glance, but in very fine print, well hidden, $7.97 charged to your card for EACH item. Items are worth less than that.
Have done business with HF for years, mostly satisfied with quality for price, did not expect such a scam from them.
As each item is 400 points, and you can order up to twelve, falling for this would cost you $95.64 for junk you can get at the dollar store."

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
I got that in the mail also, couldn't figure out why or what, which caused me to read the fine print....saw the same you are talking about...also, if you order one of the 400 point magazine subscriptions offered, after one year it automagically re-subscribes you for another year, only this time it costs and will be put on your credit card you have to use to pay for the $7.97 ship/handling fee.

Been dealing with HF a long time now, but never felt as clost to being scammed as this[V]

guts

only time i buy from them is when i go to there store in Ft.Worth,i got the p.c.system there for 35.00,was the only one they had but cheaper than what i've been seeing on here.

Brent

I hate to see HF use this kind of gimmeck. I havn't received one yet, but I have received the same kind of offer stuffed in with my credit card statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom