Happy to be here, from Maryland

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crungler

Hey everyone, I've been turning pens for about 3 years now, all kits and a few attempts at kitless pens. I created this account specifically to ask about the the graduate magnetic pen kit. I can not for the life of me figure out how to screw the clip back into the cap. I took it out to prevent damage to the pen finish. Wondering if anyone knows what im talking or has has any tips.

I look forward to learning from everyone and maybe helping out some others along the way.

CFDCAAD7-7165-43C8-8ED0-4C8A0AC35DA7.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Hello Aidan !! . Warm welcome to IAP !! . . :D :D

Sorry I can't help with your Graduate pen problem. . . However it looks like you have done a very nice job in making it !

Bats

I haven't made any Graduates, but it looks like it uses the same sort of clip mechanism as the Concava - which is to say, the screw on the inside of the clip (up inside the cap, once it's assembled) is designed so that if you turn it one way it tightens the clip (bringing it closer to the pen surface), and if you turn it the other way, it loosens it. It doesn't have a particularly wide range of motion, though.

But if you're saying you removed the screw (or clip?) completely, I'm afraid I'm out of my depth - I've never taken apart the clip mechanism. I imagine getting it back together would be more challenging once the cap is assembled.

In any case, welcome to the forums. And hopefully someone else will be more help.

Jans husband

Hi Aiden,
I'm trying to understand your problem.
Did you assemble the pen, and then unscrew the clip from the cap, and it won't screw back in?
Why exactly did you unscrew it after assembly?
I don't know the kit, possibly because it is marketed only on your side of the Pond, but if it helps I recently forgot to press the cabochon into the cap finial on a Mistral pen, and tried to press it in after I had assembled the rest of the pen. IT WOULD NOT GO IN! I couldn't see a reason for that, so I disassembled the cap , pressed it in first before pressing in the clip and cap finial,(as per the instructions) and all was fine.
I just assumed that the assembly process of pressing the finial "shrunk" the inside dimension of the finial, so it was too small for the cabochon to click in.
So I am just wondering whether disassembly and reassembly may work.
Only a suggestion, and no doubt someone else will give a more sensible resolution to your problem. I may be barking up the wrong tree altogether!! And I may have got hold of the wrong end of the stick completely.
Anyway, Welcome to the Site from the UK.
Mike

EricRN

Hey everyone, I've been turning pens for about 3 years now, all kits and a few attempts at kitless pens. I created this account specifically to ask about the the graduate magnetic pen kit. I can not for the life of me figure out how to screw the clip back into the cap. I took it out to prevent damage to the pen finish. Wondering if anyone knows what im talking or has has any tips.

I look forward to learning from everyone and maybe helping out some others along the way.

View attachment 314714
Welcome from Silver Spring!

Top Bottom