Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm sure this has been a challenging year for most of you. It certainly has been for us, but this is a time to pause & reflect on our many blessings. In that spirit, I want to wish each and every one of you a Happy Thanksgiving Day!

I also want to apologize for my scarcity here on the IAP forum and especially for my inability to keep up with my IAP duties, especially the BushNTubes database and New Member Activities.

Some of you know that I work for a small (20-person) privately owned company involved in the oil & gas industry and that I am partly retired (officially working 3 days per week). However, like most small businesses, we are doing all we can just to generate enough revenue each month to stay in business. We have had to furlough a few people and the rest of us have taken pay cuts, as well as increased work loads to cover the duties of the furloughed workers.

I am fortunate that I could fully retire if I wanted to, but I can't turn my back on my fellow workers and the company owners who are also all dear friends of mine. I am currently working on two new product developments, one of which also involves a new iOS app, and writing user manuals for both. Most weeks I am actually working 6-7 days per week trying to do my part to bring these new products to market. Things are proceeding nicely and we are beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel as far as new business is concerned.

I have also written an article that was just published in a UK magazine (Tanks and Terminals) that is distributed worldwide in the oil & gas industry. It's on pages 47-50 of the following link if you care to check it out.

I am extremely blessed to have a great family, wonderful friends (including all of you here at IAP), a job that I love, and the good health to enjoy it all.

Best wishes to all of you, and I encourage you to always count your blessings, regardless of the difficulties life might throw at you from time to time.

Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

greetings and best wishes to one and all.

Lost my second dog yesterday so today's not really a celebration here but all the memories are good ones.

Enjoy the time and don't eat too much ( how much is too much..... open to every possible comment on that statement !!)

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Thanks Edgar. I agree that despite the problems of 2020, we all have much to be thankful for. This is a rather disappointing Thanksgiving because we normally have around 30 - 40 family members over for the feast. (Christmas is normally even bigger!) But this year it will only be 5 of us. I, for one, am looking forward to more normal times.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

greenacres2

I went to both a bank and a convenience store this week, wearing a mask...and did not get arrested or even looked at funny.
In a year that has seen the absolute abnormal become normal (as noted above)--I suddenly seem normal. And--i think the masks have improved my looks!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
earl

howsitwork

I went to both a bank and a convenience store this week, wearing a mask...and did not get arrested or even looked at funny.
In a year that has seen the absolute abnormal become normal (as noted above)--I suddenly seem normal. And--i think the masks have improved my looks!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!
earl

Attachments

• 95FE89CC-2234-4247-ADCB-F08E02FEB632.png
    95FE89CC-2234-4247-ADCB-F08E02FEB632.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Top Bottom